Hydraulic Push Piles & Steel Pipe Push Pile Installation in Edmonton
Abarent Construction Ltd’s Proprietary
Hydraulically installed Steel Pipe Push Pile has many distinct advantages in foundation underpinning situations:
- Tight Access Installation
- Can be installed on interior or exterior of buildings
- Can be designed for Compression and/or Tension loads
- Concentrically installed and Pre-loaded
- Piles do not induce eccentric loads
- Piles are load tested during installation
- Underpinning brackets have been 3rd party tested
- Allow for multi-jack lift and levelling of structures
for more information & pricing.
What Are Steel Pipe Push Piles?
Steel Pipe Push Piles or Hydraulic Push Piers, also known as Jack Piles are hydraulically driven sections of pipe that are coupled and/or bolted together in sections. When used for underpinning, the pile is installed to the required depth and load, then an underpinning bracket is installed on the top of the pile to the underside of the structures foundation. Push Piles were initially developed in the early 20th century and over the years have evolved for use in several applications.
How Are Steel Pipe Push Piles Installed?
The installation of the Push Piles utilizes the mass of the existing structure to push against in order to advance the pile into the ground. The pile is installed in sections, the length of which is governed by the depth of the excavation beneath the foundation and the characteristics of the hydraulic driving equipment. Abarent Constructions Pile sections utilize a machined collar for connecting subsequent sections. This provides for lateral and buckling strength for the completed pile.
Abarent Constructions Push Piles are installed concentrically, which means that they are installed directly underneath the centerline of the bearing wall / foundation above. This prevents the creation of eccentric (twisting) loads on the existing foundation structure.
Manufacturing, Testing and Quality Control
Abarent Construction has exerted a lot of time and resources to evolving the traditional Steel Pipe Push Pile. We recognized that a lot of the Push Pile applications currently being used in our industry could be improved upon. Kevin Braddell (Founder and Owner of Abarent Construction) along with the Engineering department worked on a regiment of testing and alterations to come up with the proprietary design it uses today. Components of the pile system including the underpinning bracket assembly have been tested in a 3rd party laboratory. These tests have proven that the components tested far exceed loads that they are required to handle.
- All pile components are manufactured in a certified fabrication shop according to strict design and QA/QC requirements
- Material can be traceable if requested
- Bracket components may be stainless or grouted for corrosion control
- All installations are fully Engineered, Inspected and Permitted with a comprehensive Compliance and Turnover package on every project
- New brochures are currently under construction
- Engineering paper on hydraulic steel pipe push pile performance and testing coming soon
- View our case histories